Mr Barratt Wouldn't Want Social Housing Next Door To Him
I WRITE concerning the article regarding the Barratt estate in Ely.Having purchased a property close to the boundary of the development a couple of years ago, having first been to see the proposed site plan at the Barratt sales office and checked that we
I WRITE concerning the article regarding the Barratt estate in Ely.
Having purchased a property close to the boundary of the development a couple of years ago, having first been to see the proposed site plan at the Barratt sales office and checked that we were well away from the social housing we were alarmed to find out that a few properties close to our new home had been turned over to social housing.
We only found out that the houses had been re assigned as social housing after the new inhabitants spent their late evenings (11pm onwards) shouting, playing football and making other loud noises that wake us up.
These people obviously do not appreciate that I am paying their benefit and need to sleep at nights to be able to pay my taxes so that they can enjoy their late night activities, one of the houses transferred to social housing had its outside light broken within a couple of days of them moving in!
You may also want to watch:
If this behaviour is indicative of the activities of these people then I too am concerned for the future.
Further more Barratt have no consideration for prior residents around their developments as they have continuously breached the council's considerate contractor's scheme by working all hours and days despite my complaints about work carried out in unsocial hours.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 10 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
Barratt are only in it for a quick profit and once the home are all sold or handed over to housing associations why should they care, after all it's only people who live nearby who have to put up with undesirables living almost next door, loss of sleep and sense of security and the depreciation in value of our properties. I'm sure Mr Barratt would not want this next door to him.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED