MP Should Have Been More Positive About What He Claimed For On Expenses
WHAT a shame that Mr Paice was unable to be more positive than to say he acted in the spirit of the rules. As we now know this is coded politics speak and has been used by many high profile politicians who have then been forced to go on to say sorry, of
WHAT a shame that Mr Paice was unable to be more positive than to say he acted in the 'spirit' of the rules. As we now know this is coded politics speak and has been used by many high profile politicians who have then been forced to go on to say sorry, offer to repay money and even forced to stand down at the next election....
The 'spirit' of the rules seem to be quite clear, second homes mean just that, not the family home but the other, lesser, home required either in the constituency or in London to enable the MP to carry out his or her duties away from home. Obviously only a small establishment is necessary for this purpose. Claims should be moderate and only to enable them to carry out their parliamentary duties.
Now all we non politicians know exactly what this means, it only seems to be some politicians who do not understand, not all of them by any means. We must hope that, when his expenses claims are published, it will be seen that Mr Paice genuinely understood the spirit of the rules and not the distortion that has apparently been rife amongst some members.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 8 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail