MP Should Have Been More Positive About What He Claimed For On Expenses
WHAT a shame that Mr Paice was unable to be more positive than to say he acted in the spirit of the rules. As we now know this is coded politics speak and has been used by many high profile politicians who have then been forced to go on to say sorry, of
WHAT a shame that Mr Paice was unable to be more positive than to say he acted in the 'spirit' of the rules. As we now know this is coded politics speak and has been used by many high profile politicians who have then been forced to go on to say sorry, offer to repay money and even forced to stand down at the next election....
The 'spirit' of the rules seem to be quite clear, second homes mean just that, not the family home but the other, lesser, home required either in the constituency or in London to enable the MP to carry out his or her duties away from home. Obviously only a small establishment is necessary for this purpose. Claims should be moderate and only to enable them to carry out their parliamentary duties.
Now all we non politicians know exactly what this means, it only seems to be some politicians who do not understand, not all of them by any means. We must hope that, when his expenses claims are published, it will be seen that Mr Paice genuinely understood the spirit of the rules and not the distortion that has apparently been rife amongst some members.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 7 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council