Mourinho backs Clic Sargent
I became a patron of CLIC Sargent, the UK s leading children s cancer charity, after seeing what a great job they do in supporting children and families affected by childhood cancer. As a football manager I also know the fun and benefits that children can
I became a patron of CLIC Sargent, the UK's leading children's cancer charity, after seeing what a great job they do in supporting children and families affected by childhood cancer.
As a football manager I also know the fun and benefits that children can get from having a kick about with their friends. That's why I'm combining two passions, football and charity, to encourage children to take part in Kick for CLIC Sargent.
I'm asking your young readers to pull on their football boots and get involved by taking part in fun football events organised by their school or a local club. The sponsorship money they raise will make a real difference to the charity and the children they support whilst the school or club can also keep 25 per cent of the money raised for their own needs.
Kick for CLIC Sargent events are great for everyone involved and I hope your readers, whether they're young people, teachers, club leaders or parents will find some way to get involved and help to kick things off for this fantastic cause. All the information you need can be found at www.clicsargent.org.uk/football.
You may also want to watch:
Chelsea FC Manager and CLIC Sargent Patron
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line