More than just modern things’
I WAS dismayed to read last week s article unfairly calling into question the reputation of Spring Meadow Infant and Nursery School. Whilst I have some sympathy with the parents disappointment, it surely doesn t justify an unfounded personal attack of thi
I WAS dismayed to read last week's article unfairly calling into question the reputation of Spring Meadow Infant and Nursery School. Whilst I have some sympathy with the parents disappointment, it surely doesn't justify an unfounded personal attack of this nature.
A new school like the Lantern comes equipped with all the latest requirements including playground equipment. However, older schools rely on the support of parents and staff to supply this and each stage entails great fund-raising effort on their part.
The modern notion that children cannot thrive unless surrounded by 'things' is so sad. The two best pieces of equipment a child needs are a fertile imagination and friends to explore it with - something I'm sure the children of Spring Meadow have in abundance.
A nurturing friendly staff who provide a safe and loving environment is what is important not how many climbing frames there are.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos