More and more dog owners are failing to pick up their pets’ mess
I am contacting you in the hope you may be able to help get people’s attention about the increase in the amount of dog owners not picking up their dogs’ mess lately.
I live just off Stour Green in Ely and have noticed a dramatic increase in mess being left on the green and pavements.
On my front door we’ve had four instances where it’s been left in the last few weeks and I’ve had to clean it up.
This is an area where a lot of children play and people in the area are fed up. I’ve posted on local sites and all the feedback was in support of doing something about it.
On New Year’s Eve I saw a man let his dog mess right next to the dog bin and walk away. In the week before Christmas, I saw two parents step in some on the school run.
Last Wednesday, my son stepped in it outside our door and unfortunately I didn’t notice straight away. It was all over the car seats, his clothes and hands etc. It’s such a health risk for children.
I find it extremely inconsiderate and lazy of people.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 6 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 9 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
Nappy bags don’t cost much. If you don’t have one and your dog messes just knock on a door and ask for a plastic bag.
Anything you can do to help highlight this issue would be much appreciated.
For some reason lately it seems to be getting worse.