Mereham Plan Resubmitted With No Regard To Local People
DON T these developers ever give up? Mereham has been resubmitted, and now the shop/petrol station project at Littleport has now reared up it s ugly head. Any chance of a profit and they never give up, with never any regard to the effect it will have on
DON'T these developers ever give up? Mereham has been resubmitted, and now the shop/petrol station project at Littleport has now reared up it's ugly head. Any chance of a profit and they never give up, with never any regard to the effect it will have on the local residents.
How can anyone with an ounce of sense dare to suggest that around 880-1100 vehicles entering and leaving the site every day, from 6am till 11pm, will have no adverse effect on the adjacent residents!
There is even less need for it now in this present economic climate than there was last time. The strip of land where this project is proposed acts as a valuable buffer zone between the houses on Meadow Court and the main A10; and as such should be left as farmland.
If this project was to go ahead it would have an adverse effect on the local shops and draw trade away from the centre of the village. It may also force the Jet Garage, around two miles away, to close through loss of business, and BP would have a monopoly of petrol sales on this stretch of the A10.
The only difference between the original application and this one is a slightly smaller shop and a little repositioning of the site in the field.
It was thrown out by the district council's planning department last time because it went against local and national planning guidelines, among other things, and nothing has changed in this respect.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 7 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 8 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
Go away Gravens and leave us in peace!