Meeting next week will look at creation of steering group for Soham land trust
ON February 27 a successful meeting heard about the benefits of setting up a community land trust for Soham.
Phil Rose from Foundations East explained about how the trusts began and how they are now being used to help communities to provide affordable housing, new business opportunities and other identified community needs.
The talk was very thought provoking for the audience and a number of very relevant questions were posed.
Phil explained that with the expected increase in development in the town in the next few years this is an ideal time to consider setting up a local trust which could have some influence on the type and distribution of social housing.
Phil has been closely involved with the setting up of a trust in Stretham and has written about the process on the website www.clteast.org
You may also want to watch:
Soham Town Council is supporting this initiative and East Cambridgeshire is keen to encourage these trusts too.
If you are interested in hearing more or being part of this initiative please come along to our next meeting on March 20 at 7pm in the Pavilion, when we will be looking at setting up a steering group.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
For more details please ring me on 01353 720177.
CLLR ROSEMARY AITCHISON