Meeting next week will look at creation of steering group for Soham land trust
ON February 27 a successful meeting heard about the benefits of setting up a community land trust for Soham.
Phil Rose from Foundations East explained about how the trusts began and how they are now being used to help communities to provide affordable housing, new business opportunities and other identified community needs.
The talk was very thought provoking for the audience and a number of very relevant questions were posed.
Phil explained that with the expected increase in development in the town in the next few years this is an ideal time to consider setting up a local trust which could have some influence on the type and distribution of social housing.
Phil has been closely involved with the setting up of a trust in Stretham and has written about the process on the website www.clteast.org
You may also want to watch:
Soham Town Council is supporting this initiative and East Cambridgeshire is keen to encourage these trusts too.
If you are interested in hearing more or being part of this initiative please come along to our next meeting on March 20 at 7pm in the Pavilion, when we will be looking at setting up a steering group.
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
For more details please ring me on 01353 720177.
CLLR ROSEMARY AITCHISON