Meeting next week will look at creation of steering group for Soham land trust
ON February 27 a successful meeting heard about the benefits of setting up a community land trust for Soham.
Phil Rose from Foundations East explained about how the trusts began and how they are now being used to help communities to provide affordable housing, new business opportunities and other identified community needs.
The talk was very thought provoking for the audience and a number of very relevant questions were posed.
Phil explained that with the expected increase in development in the town in the next few years this is an ideal time to consider setting up a local trust which could have some influence on the type and distribution of social housing.
Phil has been closely involved with the setting up of a trust in Stretham and has written about the process on the website www.clteast.org
Soham Town Council is supporting this initiative and East Cambridgeshire is keen to encourage these trusts too.
If you are interested in hearing more or being part of this initiative please come along to our next meeting on March 20 at 7pm in the Pavilion, when we will be looking at setting up a steering group.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 9 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 10 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
For more details please ring me on 01353 720177.
CLLR ROSEMARY AITCHISON