Meeting next week will look at creation of steering group for Soham land trust
ON February 27 a successful meeting heard about the benefits of setting up a community land trust for Soham.
Phil Rose from Foundations East explained about how the trusts began and how they are now being used to help communities to provide affordable housing, new business opportunities and other identified community needs.
The talk was very thought provoking for the audience and a number of very relevant questions were posed.
Phil explained that with the expected increase in development in the town in the next few years this is an ideal time to consider setting up a local trust which could have some influence on the type and distribution of social housing.
Phil has been closely involved with the setting up of a trust in Stretham and has written about the process on the website www.clteast.org
Soham Town Council is supporting this initiative and East Cambridgeshire is keen to encourage these trusts too.
If you are interested in hearing more or being part of this initiative please come along to our next meeting on March 20 at 7pm in the Pavilion, when we will be looking at setting up a steering group.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 8 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 9 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
For more details please ring me on 01353 720177.
CLLR ROSEMARY AITCHISON