Meadowland at Ely Common Is Being Destroyed
JEREMY Tyrrell frequently states that he works with nature. It would be interesting to know how he applies this ethos to the destruction of the once beautiful meadowland at Ely Common. The previous owner managed the grassland perfectly, cutting only onc
JEREMY Tyrrell frequently states that he works 'with nature.' It would be interesting to know how he applies this ethos to the destruction of the once beautiful meadowland at Ely Common.
The previous owner managed the grassland perfectly, cutting only once in July, thereby encouraging wildlife to flourish. In fact the part of the common still owned by Thomas Parsons Charity is a perfect example of a wildflower meadow. Unfortunately, an ever widening swathe is also being cut through this area for access.
What possible reason can there be for the cutting, other than to destroy yet more wildlife habitat?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour