Meadowland at Ely Common Is Being Destroyed
JEREMY Tyrrell frequently states that he works with nature. It would be interesting to know how he applies this ethos to the destruction of the once beautiful meadowland at Ely Common. The previous owner managed the grassland perfectly, cutting only onc
JEREMY Tyrrell frequently states that he works 'with nature.' It would be interesting to know how he applies this ethos to the destruction of the once beautiful meadowland at Ely Common.
The previous owner managed the grassland perfectly, cutting only once in July, thereby encouraging wildlife to flourish. In fact the part of the common still owned by Thomas Parsons Charity is a perfect example of a wildflower meadow. Unfortunately, an ever widening swathe is also being cut through this area for access.
What possible reason can there be for the cutting, other than to destroy yet more wildlife habitat?
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy