Meadowland at Ely Common Is Being Destroyed
JEREMY Tyrrell frequently states that he works with nature. It would be interesting to know how he applies this ethos to the destruction of the once beautiful meadowland at Ely Common. The previous owner managed the grassland perfectly, cutting only onc
JEREMY Tyrrell frequently states that he works 'with nature.' It would be interesting to know how he applies this ethos to the destruction of the once beautiful meadowland at Ely Common.
The previous owner managed the grassland perfectly, cutting only once in July, thereby encouraging wildlife to flourish. In fact the part of the common still owned by Thomas Parsons Charity is a perfect example of a wildflower meadow. Unfortunately, an ever widening swathe is also being cut through this area for access.
What possible reason can there be for the cutting, other than to destroy yet more wildlife habitat?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home