Marina will drive away the wildlife
IT appears thoughtless and uninformed of the Thomas Parsons Charity to sell Roswell Lakes to a heavily financed businessman intent on developing them into what is clearly intended to be a huge marina. Roswell Lakes and the undisturbed wildlife are unique
IT appears thoughtless and uninformed of the Thomas Parsons Charity to sell Roswell Lakes to a heavily financed businessman intent on developing them into what is clearly intended to be a huge marina.
Roswell Lakes and the undisturbed wildlife are unique because the lakes and their surrounds have not been developed. East Cambs District Council please note that the large number of local people who care about the sanctity of such places will not want any of it changed for the worse to satisfy the financial ambitions of Mr Tyrrell and his speculative bankers.
To develop Roswell Lakes as a power boat marina, particularly for large, widebeam boats, means that it will be progressively disfigured and its flora and fauna depleted.
Gradually it will be invaded by access roads, hard tracks, car parks, tarmac paths, built-up banks and moorings, offices, workshops, stores, large hoists, residential boats, fuel tanks, waste skips, and all the detritus and polluting spillage of a large marina.
You may also want to watch:
Simultaneously, we will progressively lose the grebes, mallards and other ducks, kingfishers, herons, swans, bats, deer, quality fishing, natural woodland and lakeside paths, access to fossils, orchids, blackberries, peace, beauty and calm.
Does anyone want this?
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 7 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust