Lss f ambulance wuld be s sad
I COULD nt help but reply t yur frnt page article, which I came acrss n yur website, n the lss f the new St Jhn ambulance in Sham. I was a member f St Jhn Ambulance fr mre than 10 years. I jined Sham Cmbined Divisin in 1994, first as a
I COULD nt help but reply t yur frnt page article, which I came acrss n yur website, n the lss f the new St Jhn ambulance in Sham.
I was a member f St Jhn Ambulance fr mre than 10 years. I jined Sham Cmbined Divisin in 1994, first as a cadet member, and prgressed thrugh t the adult divisin. I was the secretary f the divisin fr mre than tw years and alng with ther members back in 2001 fught hard t publicise and raise funds fr a new ambulance fr Sham.
It was the Sham and Newmarket Standard wh answered ur call when an EU ruling meant that all ambulances mre than 10 years ld had t be taken ff the rad by December 31 2001. Our campaign fllwed mnths f fund-raising including frmer twn vet Richard Hillman (then aged 75) ding a spnsred tricycle ride thrugh Sham twn which raised mre than £1,000!
I believe because f the cmmunity's supprt and enthusiasm, this vehicle has been maintained and kept t the highest standard and cnditin pssible and therefre this is why the cunty headquarters want it fr patient transprt.
It was heartbreaking t read this article after s much time, dedicatin and passin was put int raising mney fr this ambulance.
I lk frward t reading the utcme f this stry and trust it will be fllwed up by the Ely Standard nt nly as they were s keenly invlved with the fund-raising campaign, but als fr the peple f Sham.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Efforts of Cambridgeshire’s Covid community champions recognised in Parliament
LORRAINE STEWARD, By email