Looking for relatives - all the way from Germany
My name is Christian Rusch, living in Germany, and I’m searching for some family members in Ely.
My grandmother, Mart(h)a Fischer, was born in Ely on January 7 1904.
As far as I know, the family, except (Al) Bert Fischer, moved to the Blackwood Forest (Ulm) in Germany.
The twin brother of my dad was in Ely shortly after World War II to visit some relatives.
Unfortunately, I still don’t know why, the contact was interrupted.
My uncle told me, that (Al)Bert Fischer owned a shop for watchmakers and jewellers in Ely until the 1950s.
I would love to find some relatives
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 10 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers