Looking back on a fulfilling career
I WOULD like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the pleasure and the privilege of looking after you and working with you for the past 32 years. These have been happy and fulfilling times and I am enormously grateful to you all for your support,
I WOULD like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the pleasure and the privilege of looking after you and working with you for the past 32 years.
These have been happy and fulfilling times and I am enormously grateful to you all for your support, encouragement and kindness over all those years.
Together, we have seen the Haddenham practice grow and develop. We have seen the advent of the Stretham Surgery evolve from Miss Acred's front rooms to a dedicated building that has grown to try to meet the needs of the local people.
In Haddenham, we have moved from the stable block at The Lodge to the cottage next door and then to the present surgery on The Green. You will probably all agree that these have made a huge difference. The standard of service and the range of services on offer has also improved.
I also have to thank the HEART charity for the many improvements to the surgery - for aids and services for individual patients and for resuscitation training equipment for staff and local organisations.
I thank all of you for my most generous leaving presents. At least one label got detached, so whoever sent me the lovely flower arrangement, in shades of pink, and who hasn't had a phone call, I thank you, too.
- 1 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 2 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 10 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
You will all want to know what I intend to spend my presents on . . . well, it's mainly things for my garden, which you are all welcome to visit.
I have also purchased some containers for the shrubs I have been given and there will be a little (as, of yet, undecided) treat for me.
I wish you all happiness and good health for the future.
DR PAMELA KENNY