Littleport ice rink plan is nothing more than a pipe dream
I was reading Lyn Guest’s plans for an ice rink in Littleport and I thought to myself, at a cost of £30million, who’s paying?
I very much doubt that the EU will give any funding to this white elephant.
First of all, there’s not enough interest or people in the village to make it sustainable.
To throw a spanner in the works, in Cambridge there’s new ice rink plans for the Newmarket Road park and ride site, and this has recently been waved through.
An ice rink in Cambridge would be sustainable.
You may also want to watch:
I’m sorry but this is no more than a pipe dream that will not happen.
No doubt the parish council will approve, but it will ask the same question – where is the funding for such a grand scheme and how will you sustain it?
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 7 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
At a cost of £30million, there are Premier League football clubs up and down the country dreaming of a new stadium, there’s money in football and it’s popular and televised.
So what chance does an ice rink have?