Littleport ice rink plan is nothing more than a pipe dream
I was reading Lyn Guest’s plans for an ice rink in Littleport and I thought to myself, at a cost of £30million, who’s paying?
I very much doubt that the EU will give any funding to this white elephant.
First of all, there’s not enough interest or people in the village to make it sustainable.
To throw a spanner in the works, in Cambridge there’s new ice rink plans for the Newmarket Road park and ride site, and this has recently been waved through.
An ice rink in Cambridge would be sustainable.
You may also want to watch:
I’m sorry but this is no more than a pipe dream that will not happen.
No doubt the parish council will approve, but it will ask the same question – where is the funding for such a grand scheme and how will you sustain it?
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 6 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
At a cost of £30million, there are Premier League football clubs up and down the country dreaming of a new stadium, there’s money in football and it’s popular and televised.
So what chance does an ice rink have?