Lions raise charity cash
WITH the generosity of the people of Ely, the Isle of Ely Lions Club has been able to support a number of charitable and community projects. At a presentation by president Caroline Cross at Highfields School in July, the club was able to distribute monies
WITH the generosity of the people of Ely, the Isle of Ely Lions Club has been able to support a number of charitable and community projects. At a presentation by president Caroline Cross at Highfields School in July, the club was able to distribute monies raised from a number of tombola stalls and street collections over the past year.
Highfields School is trying to raise £19,000 for the provision of a swing and roundabout for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties and the Lions were pleased to present a cheque for £500 towards this project.
In addition donations were made to the Salvation Army who are based at Littleport (£200); MAGPAS, the emergency medical charity (£100) and the Soham-based VIVA drama group who provide a welcome resource for the youth of the town (£200).
BOB SMITH, (Secretary of the Isle of Ely Lions Club)
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Contact 01353 658777 or visit: www.elylions.org.uk
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack