Lions raise charity cash
WITH the generosity of the people of Ely, the Isle of Ely Lions Club has been able to support a number of charitable and community projects. At a presentation by president Caroline Cross at Highfields School in July, the club was able to distribute monies
WITH the generosity of the people of Ely, the Isle of Ely Lions Club has been able to support a number of charitable and community projects. At a presentation by president Caroline Cross at Highfields School in July, the club was able to distribute monies raised from a number of tombola stalls and street collections over the past year.
Highfields School is trying to raise £19,000 for the provision of a swing and roundabout for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties and the Lions were pleased to present a cheque for £500 towards this project.
In addition donations were made to the Salvation Army who are based at Littleport (£200); MAGPAS, the emergency medical charity (£100) and the Soham-based VIVA drama group who provide a welcome resource for the youth of the town (£200).
BOB SMITH, (Secretary of the Isle of Ely Lions Club)
INFO: Contact 01353 658777 or visit: www.elylions.org.uk
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall