Lions raise charity cash
WITH the generosity of the people of Ely, the Isle of Ely Lions Club has been able to support a number of charitable and community projects. At a presentation by president Caroline Cross at Highfields School in July, the club was able to distribute monies
WITH the generosity of the people of Ely, the Isle of Ely Lions Club has been able to support a number of charitable and community projects. At a presentation by president Caroline Cross at Highfields School in July, the club was able to distribute monies raised from a number of tombola stalls and street collections over the past year.
Highfields School is trying to raise £19,000 for the provision of a swing and roundabout for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties and the Lions were pleased to present a cheque for £500 towards this project.
In addition donations were made to the Salvation Army who are based at Littleport (£200); MAGPAS, the emergency medical charity (£100) and the Soham-based VIVA drama group who provide a welcome resource for the youth of the town (£200).
BOB SMITH, (Secretary of the Isle of Ely Lions Club)
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Contact 01353 658777 or visit: www.elylions.org.uk
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity