Lib Dems’ attempt to claim credit for Ely car park charges U-turn is disgraceful
THE recent letter by the deputy leader of the Lib Dems is an absolute disgrace.
There was a constant refusal by the Lib Dems to do anything about the car parking charges in Ely, abstaining from expressing any opinion at all.
One might think they wanted the Conservative Group to introduce the charges, so they would benefit in the drop in the Tory vote.
Not once have they said they would not introduce parking charges, nor did they say they would have reversed the decision should they have gained control of East Cambridgeshire District Council.
I do not think many covered themselves in glory about parking charges in Ely. Mike Rouse, Elaine Griffin-Singh and Anna Bailey were the ONLY people, on any side of the council, to speak out about the charges.
You may also want to watch:
For the Lib Dems to try and get some glory for the change in policy only shows them in their true colours. Do they really think the electorate can’t see through that?
I am glad that sense prevailed and think Andrew Olley and his band of helpers deserve credit here, not the Lib Dems who are clearly trying to score points.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
Is there an election coming up?