Lib Dems’ attempt to claim credit for Ely car park charges U-turn is disgraceful
THE recent letter by the deputy leader of the Lib Dems is an absolute disgrace.
There was a constant refusal by the Lib Dems to do anything about the car parking charges in Ely, abstaining from expressing any opinion at all.
One might think they wanted the Conservative Group to introduce the charges, so they would benefit in the drop in the Tory vote.
Not once have they said they would not introduce parking charges, nor did they say they would have reversed the decision should they have gained control of East Cambridgeshire District Council.
I do not think many covered themselves in glory about parking charges in Ely. Mike Rouse, Elaine Griffin-Singh and Anna Bailey were the ONLY people, on any side of the council, to speak out about the charges.
You may also want to watch:
For the Lib Dems to try and get some glory for the change in policy only shows them in their true colours. Do they really think the electorate can’t see through that?
I am glad that sense prevailed and think Andrew Olley and his band of helpers deserve credit here, not the Lib Dems who are clearly trying to score points.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Is there an election coming up?