LETTER: ‘Why can’t we have a lift at Ely station?’
Ely railway station is having a face-lift, but why oh why aren’t they putting in a lift, the drag on that old subway is a killer.
Okay it maybe good for exercise, but when you have a heavy suitcase, it certainly is not fun. There are many people like myself (age 76 years) who still like to travel on trains, and be independent.
Cambridge and many other stations do have lifts, so why not Ely? Ely station is quite a busy one, and the cost of tickets going up all the time could justify this, surely life could be made a bit easier for us OAPs without having to ask for special assistance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases