LETTER: ‘Why can’t we have a lift at Ely station?’
Ely railway station is having a face-lift, but why oh why aren’t they putting in a lift, the drag on that old subway is a killer.
Okay it maybe good for exercise, but when you have a heavy suitcase, it certainly is not fun. There are many people like myself (age 76 years) who still like to travel on trains, and be independent.
Cambridge and many other stations do have lifts, so why not Ely? Ely station is quite a busy one, and the cost of tickets going up all the time could justify this, surely life could be made a bit easier for us OAPs without having to ask for special assistance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 7 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 8 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now