LETTER: @When the clocks go back spend your extra hour helping those in need
For many people, when the clocks go back, it means an extra hour in bed. But for those caring for a seriously ill child, that seemingly throwaway hour is incredibly precious.
I am calling on people across the country to use their extra hour when the clocks go back on October 25 to make a difference to families with a seriously ill child by backing Rainbow Trust’s Big Hour campaign.
Get your family, friends and colleagues involved in a teddy bear’s picnic, bake sale or round a golf or any activity that lasts just 60 minutes and make some lasting memories with those who matter while raising some much needed money for families in need.
The campaign runs from October 19 to 25.
Rainbow Trust provides emotional and practical support for families with a life threatened or terminally ill child.
For more information or to register your event visit www.rainbowtrust.org.uk/bighour or call 01372 220013.
Time is precious, make it count.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 6 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 7 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Gary takes Dry January to next level with mental health challenge