LETTER: @When the clocks go back spend your extra hour helping those in need
For many people, when the clocks go back, it means an extra hour in bed. But for those caring for a seriously ill child, that seemingly throwaway hour is incredibly precious.
I am calling on people across the country to use their extra hour when the clocks go back on October 25 to make a difference to families with a seriously ill child by backing Rainbow Trust’s Big Hour campaign.
Get your family, friends and colleagues involved in a teddy bear’s picnic, bake sale or round a golf or any activity that lasts just 60 minutes and make some lasting memories with those who matter while raising some much needed money for families in need.
The campaign runs from October 19 to 25.
Rainbow Trust provides emotional and practical support for families with a life threatened or terminally ill child.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to register your event visit www.rainbowtrust.org.uk/bighour or call 01372 220013.
Time is precious, make it count.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Town considers home for market