LETTER: ‘What’s all the fuss about over Jeremy Corbyn’
Why is everyone making such a big deal over left winger Jeremy Corbyn’s elevation to the exalted position of leader of the Labour Party?
At the last general election just over 27 million people voted and they decided to give Labour a sore backside but we are now expected to believe there has been a great Labour revival with 200,000 voting for Mr Corbyn.
That is 0.74% of those who voted nationally last time and hardly a sign of impending doom for the incumbent party.
Personally I wish a more moderate candidate had won - this would have helped to keep David Cameron and his hooray Henry’s in check.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown