LETTER: ‘What’s all the fuss about over Jeremy Corbyn’
Why is everyone making such a big deal over left winger Jeremy Corbyn’s elevation to the exalted position of leader of the Labour Party?
At the last general election just over 27 million people voted and they decided to give Labour a sore backside but we are now expected to believe there has been a great Labour revival with 200,000 voting for Mr Corbyn.
That is 0.74% of those who voted nationally last time and hardly a sign of impending doom for the incumbent party.
Personally I wish a more moderate candidate had won - this would have helped to keep David Cameron and his hooray Henry’s in check.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks