LETTER: ‘What’s all the fuss about over Jeremy Corbyn’
Why is everyone making such a big deal over left winger Jeremy Corbyn’s elevation to the exalted position of leader of the Labour Party?
At the last general election just over 27 million people voted and they decided to give Labour a sore backside but we are now expected to believe there has been a great Labour revival with 200,000 voting for Mr Corbyn.
That is 0.74% of those who voted nationally last time and hardly a sign of impending doom for the incumbent party.
Personally I wish a more moderate candidate had won - this would have helped to keep David Cameron and his hooray Henry’s in check.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins