LETTER: ‘What’s all the fuss about over Jeremy Corbyn’
Why is everyone making such a big deal over left winger Jeremy Corbyn’s elevation to the exalted position of leader of the Labour Party?
At the last general election just over 27 million people voted and they decided to give Labour a sore backside but we are now expected to believe there has been a great Labour revival with 200,000 voting for Mr Corbyn.
That is 0.74% of those who voted nationally last time and hardly a sign of impending doom for the incumbent party.
Personally I wish a more moderate candidate had won - this would have helped to keep David Cameron and his hooray Henry’s in check.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers