LETTER: Town centre pubs are community assets too!
The Black Hart at Thorney Toll - a small pubs assets of the community?
This community is just a handful of houses, Fenland District Council say the property must not be redeveloped and must stay as a pub.
Yet why? This little pub has no chance of making ends meet. Meanwhile the pubs in town centres are bombarded with anti-social legislation.
Do Fenland District Council not know us town centre pubs are also assets of the community?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam