LETTER: Town centre pubs are community assets too!
The Black Hart at Thorney Toll - a small pubs assets of the community?
This community is just a handful of houses, Fenland District Council say the property must not be redeveloped and must stay as a pub.
Yet why? This little pub has no chance of making ends meet. Meanwhile the pubs in town centres are bombarded with anti-social legislation.
Do Fenland District Council not know us town centre pubs are also assets of the community?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 9 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list