LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Plans for the market look like something one sees on Spain’s Costal del Sol
- Credit: Archant
Your pictures of the proposed plans for our market square fill me with dread, both for the appearance and the proposed use. Our planners really are not improving at all.
The buildings look so much like the worst developments one sees on Spain’s Costa del Sol.
The intended use is just plain crazy; 21 luxury flats, means 21 extra cars and any plans for those?
Far better and more user friendly would be to have 21 flats for the more elderly, none of whom commute, so do not need cars or parking places. But they would like to be in the city centre.
When will someone grasp the reality that our market square needs sympathetic treatment to make it a pleasant place for residents and visitors?
No I am not disappointed, this is just our council/planners/developers performing as ever with no other thought than to generate maximum profit.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 3 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 4 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 7 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 8 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 9 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 10 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
St Johns Road