LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Plans for the market look like something one sees on Spain’s Costal del Sol
- Credit: Archant
Your pictures of the proposed plans for our market square fill me with dread, both for the appearance and the proposed use. Our planners really are not improving at all.
The buildings look so much like the worst developments one sees on Spain’s Costa del Sol.
The intended use is just plain crazy; 21 luxury flats, means 21 extra cars and any plans for those?
Far better and more user friendly would be to have 21 flats for the more elderly, none of whom commute, so do not need cars or parking places. But they would like to be in the city centre.
When will someone grasp the reality that our market square needs sympathetic treatment to make it a pleasant place for residents and visitors?
You may also want to watch:
No I am not disappointed, this is just our council/planners/developers performing as ever with no other thought than to generate maximum profit.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
St Johns Road