LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Plans for the market look like something one sees on Spain’s Costal del Sol
- Credit: Archant
Your pictures of the proposed plans for our market square fill me with dread, both for the appearance and the proposed use. Our planners really are not improving at all.
The buildings look so much like the worst developments one sees on Spain’s Costa del Sol.
The intended use is just plain crazy; 21 luxury flats, means 21 extra cars and any plans for those?
Far better and more user friendly would be to have 21 flats for the more elderly, none of whom commute, so do not need cars or parking places. But they would like to be in the city centre.
When will someone grasp the reality that our market square needs sympathetic treatment to make it a pleasant place for residents and visitors?
You may also want to watch:
No I am not disappointed, this is just our council/planners/developers performing as ever with no other thought than to generate maximum profit.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
St Johns Road