LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Plans for the market look like something one sees on Spain’s Costal del Sol
- Credit: Archant
Your pictures of the proposed plans for our market square fill me with dread, both for the appearance and the proposed use. Our planners really are not improving at all.
The buildings look so much like the worst developments one sees on Spain’s Costa del Sol.
The intended use is just plain crazy; 21 luxury flats, means 21 extra cars and any plans for those?
Far better and more user friendly would be to have 21 flats for the more elderly, none of whom commute, so do not need cars or parking places. But they would like to be in the city centre.
When will someone grasp the reality that our market square needs sympathetic treatment to make it a pleasant place for residents and visitors?
You may also want to watch:
No I am not disappointed, this is just our council/planners/developers performing as ever with no other thought than to generate maximum profit.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
St Johns Road