LETTER: ‘The notion that you can achieve a 24/7 service without increased resource is patently absurd’
Ms Westwell gave praise due to hospital doctors.
I had hoped that she would comment on the contract presently being forced on them. Hospital doctors are a highly educated, highly trained, and highly motivated body.
Yet the minister of health refuses to accept their just proposals concerning pay and working practice. The notion that you can achieve a 24/7 service without increased resource is patently absurd.
On another matter that Ms Westwell touches on, I do believe the person who cannot see a doctor for a month needs some help and advice.
This is just not our experience in Ely. Of course you may not be able to see the doctor of your choice but you can certainlty see a doctor. If you have a real need you will be seen on the day that you request help.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000