LETTER: ‘The notion that you can achieve a 24/7 service without increased resource is patently absurd’
Ms Westwell gave praise due to hospital doctors.
I had hoped that she would comment on the contract presently being forced on them. Hospital doctors are a highly educated, highly trained, and highly motivated body.
Yet the minister of health refuses to accept their just proposals concerning pay and working practice. The notion that you can achieve a 24/7 service without increased resource is patently absurd.
On another matter that Ms Westwell touches on, I do believe the person who cannot see a doctor for a month needs some help and advice.
This is just not our experience in Ely. Of course you may not be able to see the doctor of your choice but you can certainlty see a doctor. If you have a real need you will be seen on the day that you request help.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online