LETTER: ‘The notion that you can achieve a 24/7 service without increased resource is patently absurd’
Ms Westwell gave praise due to hospital doctors.
I had hoped that she would comment on the contract presently being forced on them. Hospital doctors are a highly educated, highly trained, and highly motivated body.
Yet the minister of health refuses to accept their just proposals concerning pay and working practice. The notion that you can achieve a 24/7 service without increased resource is patently absurd.
On another matter that Ms Westwell touches on, I do believe the person who cannot see a doctor for a month needs some help and advice.
This is just not our experience in Ely. Of course you may not be able to see the doctor of your choice but you can certainlty see a doctor. If you have a real need you will be seen on the day that you request help.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments