LETTER: ‘The notion that you can achieve a 24/7 service without increased resource is patently absurd’
Ms Westwell gave praise due to hospital doctors.
I had hoped that she would comment on the contract presently being forced on them. Hospital doctors are a highly educated, highly trained, and highly motivated body.
Yet the minister of health refuses to accept their just proposals concerning pay and working practice. The notion that you can achieve a 24/7 service without increased resource is patently absurd.
On another matter that Ms Westwell touches on, I do believe the person who cannot see a doctor for a month needs some help and advice.
This is just not our experience in Ely. Of course you may not be able to see the doctor of your choice but you can certainlty see a doctor. If you have a real need you will be seen on the day that you request help.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended