LETTER: ‘Safety is our number one priority’ assures Veolia to Wicken residents
In response to a letter in the Ely Standard on September 17 (from residents of Lower Road Wicken).
Please be assured that safety is our number one priority and all Veolia colleagues take their own and others’ safety very seriously.
Our vehicles are fitted with software to monitor their speed and their route.
We will investigate any report incidences of poor driving immediately and take appropriate action.
We also track our collections and where one is reported as having been missed we endeavour to ensure a special collection as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Please do get in touch with us or the local authority to report any problem with your collections.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 7 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
Regional Communications Manager