LETTER: Plans for alternative coach park in Ely seems to be ‘going under the radar’
- Credit: Archant
These pictures were taken by a fellow concerned resident within a few minutes of each at about noon on Thursday March 17 at Barton Road coach park and on The Gallery.
As you can see, our coach park is far from “under-utilised”....
Also, it seems East Cambridgeshire District Council are proposing to provide a new coach park on the existing stretch of Cresswells Lane, Ely, just beyond the turn off to Sainsbury’s Car Park.
Details of this can be found on East Cambs website www.eastcambs.gov.uk/parking/car-parks-ely-0 or by calling into the council offices.
There is no mention of how many spaces will be created or, indeed, how coaches are expected to turn. To say nothing of the chaos which would be caused to deliveries for Sainsbury’s or, indeed, to the residents and businesses concerned with even more large vehicles going along Broad Street and Lisle Lane!
You may also want to watch:
You would have thought that, as someone who has commented on the proposed removal of Barton Road coach park, I might have received a letter from the council.
But as there is no mention of these new plans on the planning website it all seems to me be going “under the radar”.
- 1 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
I wonder if the council have consulted with Sainsbury’s, Royal Mail, local coach companies or residents and businesses along this route?
Any objections to these proposals must be lodged by April 6 2016 either in writing to the chief executive of ECDC at Nutholt Lane or via email email@example.com