LETTER: Plans for alternative coach park in Ely seems to be ‘going under the radar’
- Credit: Archant
These pictures were taken by a fellow concerned resident within a few minutes of each at about noon on Thursday March 17 at Barton Road coach park and on The Gallery.
As you can see, our coach park is far from “under-utilised”....
Also, it seems East Cambridgeshire District Council are proposing to provide a new coach park on the existing stretch of Cresswells Lane, Ely, just beyond the turn off to Sainsbury’s Car Park.
Details of this can be found on East Cambs website www.eastcambs.gov.uk/parking/car-parks-ely-0 or by calling into the council offices.
There is no mention of how many spaces will be created or, indeed, how coaches are expected to turn. To say nothing of the chaos which would be caused to deliveries for Sainsbury’s or, indeed, to the residents and businesses concerned with even more large vehicles going along Broad Street and Lisle Lane!
You would have thought that, as someone who has commented on the proposed removal of Barton Road coach park, I might have received a letter from the council.
But as there is no mention of these new plans on the planning website it all seems to me be going “under the radar”.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
I wonder if the council have consulted with Sainsbury’s, Royal Mail, local coach companies or residents and businesses along this route?
Any objections to these proposals must be lodged by April 6 2016 either in writing to the chief executive of ECDC at Nutholt Lane or via email firstname.lastname@example.org