LETTER: ‘Parents who sneer and say they are glad they didn’t send their kids to college isn’t helpful’
Ely College has always had the reputation of being a ‘dump’ or not a great school, so it was brilliant when they received a ‘good’ inspection when they did.
It’s disheartening for parents who were kept in the dark how things have gone downhill and for some of us we are stuck with our catchment school, so to have parents sneer at us and say they’re glad they didn’t send their kids there isn’t helpful.
But just to give an example of how my eldest son did at this ‘dump’ school, he started when it wasn’t a ‘good’ Ofsted school and he achieved maths GCSE a year early with an A*, went on to do further maths and got an A, he also received A*s in English language and English literature, geography, art, biology, physics, chemistry and A in economics and French.
Not bad for a school everybody classed as a dump when he started, so I see no reason why Ely College cannot turn themselves around and be good again.
My son is now at Southampton University studying an integrated Masters degree, this is on the foundation of Ely College.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car