LETTER: Parades remember the fallen at Littleport
This is to let you know that a representative of the Lord Lieutenant, Mr B Damazer, will be attending our service and parade on Sunday November 8.
The parade starts from outside the ex-servicemen’s club at Pont’s Hill, Littleport, at 10.20am.
It marches along Wellington Street, right along Granby Street, past the Nightall memorial, right along Main street, across the traffic lights and stops outside St George’s church.
After the service there is a wreath laying ceremony at the war memorial opposite the church, then the parade returns to Pont’s Hill via Church Lane.
On Wednesday November 11 at 11am there will also be a short memorial service and wreath laying ceremony by the primary schools at the war memorial and then at the Nightall memorial.
A wreath will be laid by a Network Rail manager. Refreshments will be available at the Barn.
Mr Damazer will not be attending this service.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 3 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 4 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 10 Eight organ donors honoured at ‘moving’ award ceremony