LETTER: Parades remember the fallen at Littleport
This is to let you know that a representative of the Lord Lieutenant, Mr B Damazer, will be attending our service and parade on Sunday November 8.
The parade starts from outside the ex-servicemen’s club at Pont’s Hill, Littleport, at 10.20am.
It marches along Wellington Street, right along Granby Street, past the Nightall memorial, right along Main street, across the traffic lights and stops outside St George’s church.
After the service there is a wreath laying ceremony at the war memorial opposite the church, then the parade returns to Pont’s Hill via Church Lane.
On Wednesday November 11 at 11am there will also be a short memorial service and wreath laying ceremony by the primary schools at the war memorial and then at the Nightall memorial.
You may also want to watch:
A wreath will be laid by a Network Rail manager. Refreshments will be available at the Barn.
Mr Damazer will not be attending this service.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks