LETTER: Parades remember the fallen at Littleport
This is to let you know that a representative of the Lord Lieutenant, Mr B Damazer, will be attending our service and parade on Sunday November 8.
The parade starts from outside the ex-servicemen’s club at Pont’s Hill, Littleport, at 10.20am.
It marches along Wellington Street, right along Granby Street, past the Nightall memorial, right along Main street, across the traffic lights and stops outside St George’s church.
After the service there is a wreath laying ceremony at the war memorial opposite the church, then the parade returns to Pont’s Hill via Church Lane.
On Wednesday November 11 at 11am there will also be a short memorial service and wreath laying ceremony by the primary schools at the war memorial and then at the Nightall memorial.
You may also want to watch:
A wreath will be laid by a Network Rail manager. Refreshments will be available at the Barn.
Mr Damazer will not be attending this service.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years