LETTER: Parades remember the fallen at Littleport
This is to let you know that a representative of the Lord Lieutenant, Mr B Damazer, will be attending our service and parade on Sunday November 8.
The parade starts from outside the ex-servicemen’s club at Pont’s Hill, Littleport, at 10.20am.
It marches along Wellington Street, right along Granby Street, past the Nightall memorial, right along Main street, across the traffic lights and stops outside St George’s church.
After the service there is a wreath laying ceremony at the war memorial opposite the church, then the parade returns to Pont’s Hill via Church Lane.
On Wednesday November 11 at 11am there will also be a short memorial service and wreath laying ceremony by the primary schools at the war memorial and then at the Nightall memorial.
You may also want to watch:
A wreath will be laid by a Network Rail manager. Refreshments will be available at the Barn.
Mr Damazer will not be attending this service.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs