LETTER: Parades remember the fallen at Littleport
This is to let you know that a representative of the Lord Lieutenant, Mr B Damazer, will be attending our service and parade on Sunday November 8.
The parade starts from outside the ex-servicemen’s club at Pont’s Hill, Littleport, at 10.20am.
It marches along Wellington Street, right along Granby Street, past the Nightall memorial, right along Main street, across the traffic lights and stops outside St George’s church.
After the service there is a wreath laying ceremony at the war memorial opposite the church, then the parade returns to Pont’s Hill via Church Lane.
On Wednesday November 11 at 11am there will also be a short memorial service and wreath laying ceremony by the primary schools at the war memorial and then at the Nightall memorial.
You may also want to watch:
A wreath will be laid by a Network Rail manager. Refreshments will be available at the Barn.
Mr Damazer will not be attending this service.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam