LETTER: Not voting at debate was a ‘cop out’
A UKIP councillor has written critically about the recent EU referendum debate in Ely Cathedral.
He says he was there but I don’t think that he said a word whilst he was there.
I was there, too, and what I witnessed was an overwhelming victory for the Inners (of which I am but one) on the initial vote (before the debate) and an even more overwhelming victory for the Inners on the final vote (after the debate).
The Inner speakers were convincing and the Outer speakers were unconvincing. That was what convinced many doubters to vote Inner in the end.
The UKIP councillor says that he chose not to vote because he ‘knew that the outcome was obvious.’ A pathetic and typical cop-out from UKIP.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line