LETTER: Not voting at debate was a ‘cop out’
A UKIP councillor has written critically about the recent EU referendum debate in Ely Cathedral.
He says he was there but I don’t think that he said a word whilst he was there.
I was there, too, and what I witnessed was an overwhelming victory for the Inners (of which I am but one) on the initial vote (before the debate) and an even more overwhelming victory for the Inners on the final vote (after the debate).
The Inner speakers were convincing and the Outer speakers were unconvincing. That was what convinced many doubters to vote Inner in the end.
The UKIP councillor says that he chose not to vote because he ‘knew that the outcome was obvious.’ A pathetic and typical cop-out from UKIP.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa