LETTER: New Year - new challenge? Why not swim ‘The Channel’ for charity
Diabetes UK is inviting people to sign up to its Swim22 challenge and swim 22 miles – the distance across the English Channel – over the course of three months.
The challenge runs from February 22 to May22 2016, giving you plenty of time to complete the challenge at your own speed.
Whether you’re a one-day wonder or want to take it at a more leisurely three kilometres a week, it is a great way to shape up in the new year. You can even fundraise with your friends and family by splitting the distance with teammates.
Money raised through sponsorship will help us to fund research into diabetes, campaign on key issues, and offer education and support to more of the 3.9 million people in the UK who are living with the condition.
Swimming is a great way of keeping fit and active, and can help you to maintain a healthy weight which is key to reducing your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. People with diabetes can also help manage their condition through getting plenty of exercise and eating healthily.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up visit www.diabetes.org.uk/swim22 or call 0345-1232399.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections
Diabetes UK Eastern Fundraiser