LETTER: New Year - new challenge? Why not swim ‘The Channel’ for charity
Diabetes UK is inviting people to sign up to its Swim22 challenge and swim 22 miles – the distance across the English Channel – over the course of three months.
The challenge runs from February 22 to May22 2016, giving you plenty of time to complete the challenge at your own speed.
Whether you’re a one-day wonder or want to take it at a more leisurely three kilometres a week, it is a great way to shape up in the new year. You can even fundraise with your friends and family by splitting the distance with teammates.
Money raised through sponsorship will help us to fund research into diabetes, campaign on key issues, and offer education and support to more of the 3.9 million people in the UK who are living with the condition.
Swimming is a great way of keeping fit and active, and can help you to maintain a healthy weight which is key to reducing your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. People with diabetes can also help manage their condition through getting plenty of exercise and eating healthily.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up visit www.diabetes.org.uk/swim22 or call 0345-1232399.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
Diabetes UK Eastern Fundraiser