LETTER: ‘May I thank you so much for your unprecedented response to my letter calling for volunteers for Fenprobe Talking News’
On behalf of the Fenprobe Talking News teams and our listeners, may I thank you so much for your unprecedented response to my letter calling for volunteers.
In my letter I referred to the strong charitable ethos in our region. Nothing has proved it more than the number of people contacting me offering their services.
Three weeks ago, I visited a listener to replace her digital player. She was thrilled to be able to resume her regular news coverage and to hear us send her 90th birthday wishes.
At the time she was recovering from an operation as well as coping with her blindness, but was cheerful and very grateful for our service. Sadly, she died shortly afterwards, but her family said how much she enjoyed receiving Fenprobe.
Without our volunteers, she and others would be deprived of their link with the outside word, local news unavailable except through the local newspapers and those who transpose it into audio form.
You may also want to watch:
Every region in the United Kingdom has a Talking Newspaper. If you have a relative or friend who lives outside East Cambridgeshire who could benefit from the service, you can contact the Talking News Federation: tel. 01793 497555 or email: email@example.com and they will put in touch with the relevant local TN.
Further information about Fenprobe can be found on our website, www.fenprobe.com or by contacting me on 01353 861153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
Once again, many thanks