LETTER: Junior doctors should accept the government’s offer
In my view, the junior doctors should accept the deal offered by the government and stop holding the public to ransom.
It is difficult to think where else employees would be offered a 13.5 per cent pay increase and have their working hours cut from 91 to 72 plus a concession for Saturday working.
In other professions and industries people would be lucky to get two per cent at the moment.
The British Medical Association seem to be acting like the unions who wrecked British Leyland in the 1970s and it is time they acted responsibly.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer