LETTER: ‘It would be easier to move Ely city’
- Credit: Archant
So, we are now told that the Ely by-pass should be completed by the end of 2017 - how exciting this news is after all the delays.
However, does anyone really believe it bearing in mind the previous interventions of the do-gooders like English Heritage?
No doubt some group or other will discover a family of greater crested newts on the site and get the project delayed for another five years.
At this rate it would be easier to move Ely city somewhere else thus obviating the need for a by-pass.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients