LETTER: ‘It would be easier to move Ely city’
- Credit: Archant
So, we are now told that the Ely by-pass should be completed by the end of 2017 - how exciting this news is after all the delays.
However, does anyone really believe it bearing in mind the previous interventions of the do-gooders like English Heritage?
No doubt some group or other will discover a family of greater crested newts on the site and get the project delayed for another five years.
At this rate it would be easier to move Ely city somewhere else thus obviating the need for a by-pass.
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 3 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 8 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen