LETTER: ‘It would be easier to move Ely city’
- Credit: Archant
So, we are now told that the Ely by-pass should be completed by the end of 2017 - how exciting this news is after all the delays.
However, does anyone really believe it bearing in mind the previous interventions of the do-gooders like English Heritage?
No doubt some group or other will discover a family of greater crested newts on the site and get the project delayed for another five years.
At this rate it would be easier to move Ely city somewhere else thus obviating the need for a by-pass.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 6 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 7 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work