LETTER: ‘I fear the present proposals are just the thin end of the wedge’
I urge all who love Ely for what is today and for what in can be, to take all possible steps to prevent East Cambridgeshire District Council pressing ahead with their plans to build homes on our car park.
This council are the same people who attempted to build homes on what is today The Jubilee Gardens, happily they were foiled then and they must be stopped now.
I fear the present proposals are just the thin end of the wedge. Rushing this through without any consultation. We need urgently to know what are our council’s long term plan is for our city.
They seem hell bent on destroying what we have with their ill thought out schemes
The city of Ely is today a very desirable place to both live in and to visit, we must fight to keep it so.
St John’s Road
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 3 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 4 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 5 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 8 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 9 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 10 Therapy dogs' ‘meet and greet’ in Ely raises £130 for charity