LETTER: ‘I fear the present proposals are just the thin end of the wedge’
I urge all who love Ely for what is today and for what in can be, to take all possible steps to prevent East Cambridgeshire District Council pressing ahead with their plans to build homes on our car park.
This council are the same people who attempted to build homes on what is today The Jubilee Gardens, happily they were foiled then and they must be stopped now.
I fear the present proposals are just the thin end of the wedge. Rushing this through without any consultation. We need urgently to know what are our council’s long term plan is for our city.
They seem hell bent on destroying what we have with their ill thought out schemes
The city of Ely is today a very desirable place to both live in and to visit, we must fight to keep it so.
You may also want to watch:
St John’s Road
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines