LETTER: ‘I fear the present proposals are just the thin end of the wedge’
I urge all who love Ely for what is today and for what in can be, to take all possible steps to prevent East Cambridgeshire District Council pressing ahead with their plans to build homes on our car park.
This council are the same people who attempted to build homes on what is today The Jubilee Gardens, happily they were foiled then and they must be stopped now.
I fear the present proposals are just the thin end of the wedge. Rushing this through without any consultation. We need urgently to know what are our council’s long term plan is for our city.
They seem hell bent on destroying what we have with their ill thought out schemes
The city of Ely is today a very desirable place to both live in and to visit, we must fight to keep it so.
St John’s Road
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 4 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North