LETTER: I dread to think where axe will fall next ahead of Hinchingbrooke merger
I had to smile when I saw that the NHS trusts at Peterborough, Hinchingbrooke and Stamford are to be amalgamated into the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
These mergers are not done just for fun so I wonder what the real reason might be for this change?
We already know that (e.g.) therapeutic epidurals are not budgeted for in these areas and you would be lucky to have one done at Addenbrooke’s pain clinic.
And at Hinchingbrooke I am told there is only one back surgeon and even this eminent gentleman will be retiring soon.
It seems to be the thin end of the wedge to me and I dread to think where the axe will fall next. This will only be avoided if the promised extra funds are directed to the front line and not to strengthen the hold that the “grey suits” seem to have over the NHS countrywide.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered