LETTER: I dread to think where axe will fall next ahead of Hinchingbrooke merger
I had to smile when I saw that the NHS trusts at Peterborough, Hinchingbrooke and Stamford are to be amalgamated into the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
These mergers are not done just for fun so I wonder what the real reason might be for this change?
We already know that (e.g.) therapeutic epidurals are not budgeted for in these areas and you would be lucky to have one done at Addenbrooke’s pain clinic.
And at Hinchingbrooke I am told there is only one back surgeon and even this eminent gentleman will be retiring soon.
It seems to be the thin end of the wedge to me and I dread to think where the axe will fall next. This will only be avoided if the promised extra funds are directed to the front line and not to strengthen the hold that the “grey suits” seem to have over the NHS countrywide.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 10 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village