LETTER: I dread to think where axe will fall next ahead of Hinchingbrooke merger
I had to smile when I saw that the NHS trusts at Peterborough, Hinchingbrooke and Stamford are to be amalgamated into the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
These mergers are not done just for fun so I wonder what the real reason might be for this change?
We already know that (e.g.) therapeutic epidurals are not budgeted for in these areas and you would be lucky to have one done at Addenbrooke’s pain clinic.
And at Hinchingbrooke I am told there is only one back surgeon and even this eminent gentleman will be retiring soon.
It seems to be the thin end of the wedge to me and I dread to think where the axe will fall next. This will only be avoided if the promised extra funds are directed to the front line and not to strengthen the hold that the “grey suits” seem to have over the NHS countrywide.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go