LETTER: I dread to think where axe will fall next ahead of Hinchingbrooke merger
I had to smile when I saw that the NHS trusts at Peterborough, Hinchingbrooke and Stamford are to be amalgamated into the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
These mergers are not done just for fun so I wonder what the real reason might be for this change?
We already know that (e.g.) therapeutic epidurals are not budgeted for in these areas and you would be lucky to have one done at Addenbrooke’s pain clinic.
And at Hinchingbrooke I am told there is only one back surgeon and even this eminent gentleman will be retiring soon.
It seems to be the thin end of the wedge to me and I dread to think where the axe will fall next. This will only be avoided if the promised extra funds are directed to the front line and not to strengthen the hold that the “grey suits” seem to have over the NHS countrywide.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 8 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 9 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road