LETTER: ‘I apologise for error over militia parade ground in last week’s letter’
In my letter objecting to the East Cambridgeshire District Council Barton Road housing application published in last week’s paper I said, as an afterthought, that the parade ground which is now the Cathedral car park was established in the aftermath of the Littleport Riots, when it was decided that Ely needed it’s own militia.
As many readers will be aware this is not correct and I apologise unreservedly for this error.
However, it is true that for many years prior to its current use the car park site was an open area used by the militia as a parade ground which is the main point I was trying to make.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall