LETTER: ‘I apologise for error over militia parade ground in last week’s letter’
In my letter objecting to the East Cambridgeshire District Council Barton Road housing application published in last week’s paper I said, as an afterthought, that the parade ground which is now the Cathedral car park was established in the aftermath of the Littleport Riots, when it was decided that Ely needed it’s own militia.
As many readers will be aware this is not correct and I apologise unreservedly for this error.
However, it is true that for many years prior to its current use the car park site was an open area used by the militia as a parade ground which is the main point I was trying to make.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'