LETTER: ‘I apologise for error over militia parade ground in last week’s letter’
In my letter objecting to the East Cambridgeshire District Council Barton Road housing application published in last week’s paper I said, as an afterthought, that the parade ground which is now the Cathedral car park was established in the aftermath of the Littleport Riots, when it was decided that Ely needed it’s own militia.
As many readers will be aware this is not correct and I apologise unreservedly for this error.
However, it is true that for many years prior to its current use the car park site was an open area used by the militia as a parade ground which is the main point I was trying to make.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments