LETTER: ‘I apologise for error over militia parade ground in last week’s letter’
In my letter objecting to the East Cambridgeshire District Council Barton Road housing application published in last week’s paper I said, as an afterthought, that the parade ground which is now the Cathedral car park was established in the aftermath of the Littleport Riots, when it was decided that Ely needed it’s own militia.
As many readers will be aware this is not correct and I apologise unreservedly for this error.
However, it is true that for many years prior to its current use the car park site was an open area used by the militia as a parade ground which is the main point I was trying to make.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 8 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history