LETTER: ‘How long before the street light works are fully complete?’
I am very concerned about the amount and duration of the open excavations for the street lighting modifications.
I am aware of the constraints of NRSWA (New Roads Street Works Act) legislation and frankly I do not understand how any of these works comply.
This morning I was driving along Wellington Street, Littleport when I had to stop to let an elderly woman with a shopping trolley negotiate an excavation, by stepping onto the road.
No provision had been made for pedestrians and no signage was present to warn the public.
This is dangerous and should not be allowed.
You may also want to watch:
Do street lighting contractors work to a different set of rules?
How long before these works are fully complete?
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 3 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 8 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory
I am very concerned this poorly managed operation is going to cause an incident/accident.