LETTER: Great time at Wisbech lights switch-on until the weather hit
I would like to thank everyone who attended the Christmas Lights switch-on in Wisbech.
Unfortunately we had to finish early as the weather was making the event unsafe but many had a great time up until then.
The new lights are looking great, especially the ones on the Horsefair roundabout and I am glad Wisbech Town Council took the decision to buy more lights.
I would like to thank all the volunteers, sponsors and performers who helped on the day as well as the councillors and council staff who helped to make the event a success.
Finally I would like to thank Angie Nixon and the team at Tinfish for the time, sponsorship and sheer hard work they put in to make the event happen. Roll on next year!
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of festivals committee
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out