LETTER: Great time at Wisbech lights switch-on until the weather hit
I would like to thank everyone who attended the Christmas Lights switch-on in Wisbech.
Unfortunately we had to finish early as the weather was making the event unsafe but many had a great time up until then.
The new lights are looking great, especially the ones on the Horsefair roundabout and I am glad Wisbech Town Council took the decision to buy more lights.
I would like to thank all the volunteers, sponsors and performers who helped on the day as well as the councillors and council staff who helped to make the event a success.
Finally I would like to thank Angie Nixon and the team at Tinfish for the time, sponsorship and sheer hard work they put in to make the event happen. Roll on next year!
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of festivals committee
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 3 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later