LETTER: Great time at Wisbech lights switch-on until the weather hit
I would like to thank everyone who attended the Christmas Lights switch-on in Wisbech.
Unfortunately we had to finish early as the weather was making the event unsafe but many had a great time up until then.
The new lights are looking great, especially the ones on the Horsefair roundabout and I am glad Wisbech Town Council took the decision to buy more lights.
I would like to thank all the volunteers, sponsors and performers who helped on the day as well as the councillors and council staff who helped to make the event a success.
Finally I would like to thank Angie Nixon and the team at Tinfish for the time, sponsorship and sheer hard work they put in to make the event happen. Roll on next year!
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of festivals committee
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts