LETTER: Euro ‘Vote in’ needs to be more convincing
I attended the ‘European Union In or Out?’ debate, that took place at Ely Cathedral on Thursday evening.
There was a Eurovision vote stylee, and I wondered what the great Sir Terry Wogan would think of it all, looking down from the heavens.
And It didn’t surprise me that staying in the EU won the majority vote, as the chairman of a local company was there to support the IN vote, and many of his employees and friends sat there in attendance, in support of ‘Vote In’.
I chose not to vote, as I knew that the outcome was obvious, but I feel the IN campaign, will need to be more convincing and talk about how staying in will benefit future generations.
But to leave in good sprit, the event was well attended and Ely Cathedral Business Group did a grand job in truth, and thanks to Start Agnew MEP, who was the only candidate to mention what a great Cathedral, Ely has been blessed with.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR DANIEL DIVINE
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?