LETTER: Do something amazing in 2016 - give blood
Many people in Cambridgeshire will be considering giving things up for the New Year, like unhealthy food or alcohol.
But you can change your life by choosing to give.
Giving blood is amazing – you can save or improve the lives of up to three people each time you donate.
We always need new donors to ensure we have the right mix of blood groups among our donors to meet patient needs in future and to replace those people who can no longer donate.
We need more than 6,000 people to donate blood every day to meet the needs of desperately ill hospital patients.
You may also want to watch:
Blood and platelets are not just used after accidents. They are used for patients with cancer, anaemia, childbirth complications, and in a wide variety of life-saving procedures.
Less than 3% of people aged 17-70 donated blood last year. Thank you to everybody who donated and helped save lives – we look forward to seeing you again in 2016.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
If you’ve never given blood in Cambridgeshire before, register to donate blood and book an appointment to donate at www.blood.co.uk. Donating only takes an hour of your time.
So please start this year by changing not just your life, but someone else’s life too, by giving blood.
NHS Blood and Transplant