LETTER: Do not hold your breath over schools funding
Your front page story welcomed the cash for schools - £6 million to spend between now and 2020.
However, on page 25 you report that schools in Cambridgeshire will be worse off by £23 millions by 2020.
I find it ironic that Government Brexit supporters constantly state that our economy is the best in Europe. (In spite of this we spend less on the NHS than other Western European countries).
So how is that we cannot find money for the NHS nor for School nor for Social Services.
Of course when Mrs May does a deal with Mr. Trump all our financial troubles will be over.
You may also want to watch:
Do not hold your breath.
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts