LETTER: Do not hold your breath over schools funding
Your front page story welcomed the cash for schools - £6 million to spend between now and 2020.
However, on page 25 you report that schools in Cambridgeshire will be worse off by £23 millions by 2020.
I find it ironic that Government Brexit supporters constantly state that our economy is the best in Europe. (In spite of this we spend less on the NHS than other Western European countries).
So how is that we cannot find money for the NHS nor for School nor for Social Services.
Of course when Mrs May does a deal with Mr. Trump all our financial troubles will be over.
Do not hold your breath.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 4 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 8 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely