LETTER: Do not hold your breath over schools funding
Your front page story welcomed the cash for schools - £6 million to spend between now and 2020.
However, on page 25 you report that schools in Cambridgeshire will be worse off by £23 millions by 2020.
I find it ironic that Government Brexit supporters constantly state that our economy is the best in Europe. (In spite of this we spend less on the NHS than other Western European countries).
So how is that we cannot find money for the NHS nor for School nor for Social Services.
Of course when Mrs May does a deal with Mr. Trump all our financial troubles will be over.
You may also want to watch:
Do not hold your breath.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out