LETTER: Council could set up a hit squad to blitz trouble-spots
This problem seems endemic in and around Wisbech.
Down New Drove there are piles of cans. There are probably four solutions to this problem:
• The area either needs policing and fines given out to offenders as a deterrent.
• Bins could be provided which would need emptying regularly.
• Local people could volunteer to routinely clean the area.
You may also want to watch:
• The council could set up a hit squad to blitz littered areas when they are reported.
I personally favour option four. I have seen this work in other areas, in between waiting for reports council pickers could clean each area on a rota basis.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 7 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 8 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
- 9 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
The cost would have to be met collectively through the Council Tax but it would be a small price to pay to see our town restored to its former glory so that people could again take pride in.