LETTER: Could it be that political considerations have trumped road safety?
As a former ward councillor for Haddenham, I was pleased to see that a much needed crossing for pedestrians is finally to be constructed.
A prominent local Councillor, Gareth Wilson, has campaigned for this for a number of years and I am sure that he is also pleased for the village community.
Strange then that the local County Councillor, Bill Hunt, should not have thrown his weight behind the campaign much earlier.
Could it be that political considerations have trumped road safety, a Liberal democrat could not be seen to achieve something, but now that Conservatives are in place suddenly a good idea can be claimed and acted upon.
It almost seems as if the timing of this good news was pitched perfectly for walking in the spring, is there an election coming up?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 8 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
- 9 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments