LETTER: Could it be that political considerations have trumped road safety?
As a former ward councillor for Haddenham, I was pleased to see that a much needed crossing for pedestrians is finally to be constructed.
A prominent local Councillor, Gareth Wilson, has campaigned for this for a number of years and I am sure that he is also pleased for the village community.
Strange then that the local County Councillor, Bill Hunt, should not have thrown his weight behind the campaign much earlier.
Could it be that political considerations have trumped road safety, a Liberal democrat could not be seen to achieve something, but now that Conservatives are in place suddenly a good idea can be claimed and acted upon.
It almost seems as if the timing of this good news was pitched perfectly for walking in the spring, is there an election coming up?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 4 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book