LETTER: City cannot afford to lose its loos
ECDC are planning to take away some of our already inadequate toilet facilities.
The toilet in The Cloisters having to cope with over 2,500 users every week, is in spite of the hard work of the cleaners, grotty and in need of extending and refitting, the hand dryers and other fittings are archaic. The whole facility so grossly overcrowded, as to make a visit unpleasant.
Ely and its visitors need and deserve better. There are more of us and we are on average much older.
If the toilet facilities in the council offices were out of use for a week, I feel sure our council and its officers’ minds would become more focused.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years