LETTER: City cannot afford to lose its loos
ECDC are planning to take away some of our already inadequate toilet facilities.
The toilet in The Cloisters having to cope with over 2,500 users every week, is in spite of the hard work of the cleaners, grotty and in need of extending and refitting, the hand dryers and other fittings are archaic. The whole facility so grossly overcrowded, as to make a visit unpleasant.
Ely and its visitors need and deserve better. There are more of us and we are on average much older.
If the toilet facilities in the council offices were out of use for a week, I feel sure our council and its officers’ minds would become more focused.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air