LETTER: City cannot afford to lose its loos
ECDC are planning to take away some of our already inadequate toilet facilities.
The toilet in The Cloisters having to cope with over 2,500 users every week, is in spite of the hard work of the cleaners, grotty and in need of extending and refitting, the hand dryers and other fittings are archaic. The whole facility so grossly overcrowded, as to make a visit unpleasant.
Ely and its visitors need and deserve better. There are more of us and we are on average much older.
If the toilet facilities in the council offices were out of use for a week, I feel sure our council and its officers’ minds would become more focused.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 6 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 7 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Gary takes Dry January to next level with mental health challenge