LETTER: City cannot afford to lose its loos
ECDC are planning to take away some of our already inadequate toilet facilities.
The toilet in The Cloisters having to cope with over 2,500 users every week, is in spite of the hard work of the cleaners, grotty and in need of extending and refitting, the hand dryers and other fittings are archaic. The whole facility so grossly overcrowded, as to make a visit unpleasant.
Ely and its visitors need and deserve better. There are more of us and we are on average much older.
If the toilet facilities in the council offices were out of use for a week, I feel sure our council and its officers’ minds would become more focused.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Town considers home for market