LETTER: Cambridgeshire’s Conservative police and crime commissioner is making ‘wrong decisions’
Whilst there may be some shortcomings within the Cambridgeshire Constabulary we must not lose sight of the fact that it is the current Conservative police and crime commissioner who is making the wrong decisions about the force’s strategic direction.
And he is clearly not setting an appropriate budget to give the police the money and the tools they desperately need to do their very difficult job.
This situation will only improve when we have a full time commissioner who leaves his desk and gets his feet on the ground to see at first hand what is needed to ensure that Cambridgeshire Constabulary improves in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 3 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 8 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 9 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out