LETTER: Cambridgeshire’s Conservative police and crime commissioner is making ‘wrong decisions’
Whilst there may be some shortcomings within the Cambridgeshire Constabulary we must not lose sight of the fact that it is the current Conservative police and crime commissioner who is making the wrong decisions about the force’s strategic direction.
And he is clearly not setting an appropriate budget to give the police the money and the tools they desperately need to do their very difficult job.
This situation will only improve when we have a full time commissioner who leaves his desk and gets his feet on the ground to see at first hand what is needed to ensure that Cambridgeshire Constabulary improves in the future.
Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 3 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 10 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives