LETTER: Cambridgeshire’s Conservative police and crime commissioner is making ‘wrong decisions’
Whilst there may be some shortcomings within the Cambridgeshire Constabulary we must not lose sight of the fact that it is the current Conservative police and crime commissioner who is making the wrong decisions about the force’s strategic direction.
And he is clearly not setting an appropriate budget to give the police the money and the tools they desperately need to do their very difficult job.
This situation will only improve when we have a full time commissioner who leaves his desk and gets his feet on the ground to see at first hand what is needed to ensure that Cambridgeshire Constabulary improves in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest