LETTER: ‘Calais should not be forwarding point for human parcels’
I’m sure all compassionate people in the UK feel sympathy for migrants, especially the unaccompanied children stranded across the Channel and want to see them safe.
However, the last time I looked at a map Calais was in France.
This begs the question: Apart from providing slum conditions for the migrants, what tangible efforts are the French authorities making to alleviate the problem in their own back yard?
Calais should not be a forwarding point for human parcels and the French need to contribute in a practical way.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins