LETTER: ‘Calais should not be forwarding point for human parcels’
I’m sure all compassionate people in the UK feel sympathy for migrants, especially the unaccompanied children stranded across the Channel and want to see them safe.
However, the last time I looked at a map Calais was in France.
This begs the question: Apart from providing slum conditions for the migrants, what tangible efforts are the French authorities making to alleviate the problem in their own back yard?
Calais should not be a forwarding point for human parcels and the French need to contribute in a practical way.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs