LETTER: Awaiting to hear MP’s response to the delay on Ely North junction
Whilst George Osborne was delivering a largely popular Autumn Statement the Government took the opportunity to deliver some bad news for Ely by the back door probably knowing it wouldn’t grab too many headlines.
An upgrade to Ely North junction has been postponed by up to seven years by Network Rail when it was supposed to start in 2017 to ease a bottleneck.
The junction connects Norwich and King’s Lynn to Cambridge on to London, and Ipswich to the Midlands and Network Rail now say the work will not start until between 2019 and 2024.
I would be interested to know what Lucy Frazer MP has to say about this since, in response to my letters to her on other matters I get either a standard reply or none at all. Her defence of this body blow to Ely is awaited.
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 3 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 9 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic