LETTER: Awaiting to hear MP’s response to the delay on Ely North junction
Whilst George Osborne was delivering a largely popular Autumn Statement the Government took the opportunity to deliver some bad news for Ely by the back door probably knowing it wouldn’t grab too many headlines.
An upgrade to Ely North junction has been postponed by up to seven years by Network Rail when it was supposed to start in 2017 to ease a bottleneck.
The junction connects Norwich and King’s Lynn to Cambridge on to London, and Ipswich to the Midlands and Network Rail now say the work will not start until between 2019 and 2024.
I would be interested to know what Lucy Frazer MP has to say about this since, in response to my letters to her on other matters I get either a standard reply or none at all. Her defence of this body blow to Ely is awaited.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?