LETTER: Awaiting to hear MP’s response to the delay on Ely North junction
Whilst George Osborne was delivering a largely popular Autumn Statement the Government took the opportunity to deliver some bad news for Ely by the back door probably knowing it wouldn’t grab too many headlines.
An upgrade to Ely North junction has been postponed by up to seven years by Network Rail when it was supposed to start in 2017 to ease a bottleneck.
The junction connects Norwich and King’s Lynn to Cambridge on to London, and Ipswich to the Midlands and Network Rail now say the work will not start until between 2019 and 2024.
I would be interested to know what Lucy Frazer MP has to say about this since, in response to my letters to her on other matters I get either a standard reply or none at all. Her defence of this body blow to Ely is awaited.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer