LETTER: Authorities ‘play pass the parcel’ with dumped vehicle
Is there anybody out there who can explain how anybody can dump a car anywhere they please?
On February 12 at 9.40pm two males dumped a car on our estate sewerage hard standing.
The police were informed just in case it was stolen or involved in a crime but we were informed that it wasn’t either.
Another neighbour also got in touch with the police and was told it’s a SORN vehicle, which means it’s been taken of the road, he was told as I was it is not a police problem but a council one.
We have had a visit from the council street officer who told us it’s a SORN vehicle - yes we know was the reply.
You may also want to watch:
Although it was driven on public roads without tax or insurance - one would assume.
As it’s been taken off the road it’s not a police matter. I wonder how far I would get driving without tax and insurance?
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 7 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
I thought fly tipping was an offence but is it a crime? Is it anti-social behaviour?
It’s certainly a blight on the neighbourhood. Is it because it’s on private property that it can’t be moved? Is it their responsibility?
A phone call to them and I was told we will get the council to remove it, can you see a pattern emerging? Hypothetical question if I throw a sweet wrapper on the pavement I could be fined. If I throw it in a shop doorway could I say so what it’s not the pavement? I’m still a litter lout but it’s private property? I am more than a little confused.