LETTER: Annoying delay in Ely bypass
I have stumbled upon the real reason for the annoying delay in getting the Ely bypass going.
My men in the field tell me that there is to be no bypass at all and we are being fobbed off while the scientists complete their studies into teleportation.
It seems that the days of “Beam me up Scotty” have no longer to be regarded as a joke but as an exciting hidden development currently under completion at Cambridge Science Park.
The whole thing will be controlled by a simple and inexpensive APP on our mobile phones which would entail the pressing of a button and saying “Beam me up Lucy” (our ertswhile MP) and, there you have it, you’re in Soham before you can blink.
There has to be some fine tuning since one test pilot finished up in Carlisle when he wanted to go to a funeral in Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Hope springs eternal.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 9 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 10 Dessert-lover travelled 150 miles north for ‘TikTok famous’ waffle