LETTER: Annoying delay in Ely bypass
I have stumbled upon the real reason for the annoying delay in getting the Ely bypass going.
My men in the field tell me that there is to be no bypass at all and we are being fobbed off while the scientists complete their studies into teleportation.
It seems that the days of “Beam me up Scotty” have no longer to be regarded as a joke but as an exciting hidden development currently under completion at Cambridge Science Park.
The whole thing will be controlled by a simple and inexpensive APP on our mobile phones which would entail the pressing of a button and saying “Beam me up Lucy” (our ertswhile MP) and, there you have it, you’re in Soham before you can blink.
There has to be some fine tuning since one test pilot finished up in Carlisle when he wanted to go to a funeral in Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Hope springs eternal.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment