LETTER: Actor Shayne Ward calls for local people to join the DECHOX Campaign starting next month
Every year, hundreds of thousands of lives are cut short by heart disease and in the East of England alone, heart and circulatory conditions take the lives of around 14,800 people each year.
That’s why I’m calling on everyone in the East of England to join me in the fight against heart disease by signing up to the British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) DECHOX campaign. By challenging yourself to give up chocolate for the month of March and asking for sponsorship, you will help fund £1 million of life saving research that will make a difference to millions of lives.
For self-confessed chocoholics, like me, it won’t be easy, but every pound raised will be crucial in helping fund the cutting-edge breakthroughs for those fighting a daily battle with heart disease.
Last year more than 19,000 people took part in DECHOX and raised an astonishing £800,000 and this year I am helping BHF raise even more.
So whether you’re an undercover chocolate eater, a crafty nibbler or a full-on midnight fridge raider – challenge yourself to a DECHOX and sign up today at bhf.org.uk/DECHOX!
You may also want to watch:
Coronation Street actor
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 8 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
- 9 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments