LETTER: Actor Shayne Ward calls for local people to join the DECHOX Campaign starting next month
Every year, hundreds of thousands of lives are cut short by heart disease and in the East of England alone, heart and circulatory conditions take the lives of around 14,800 people each year.
That’s why I’m calling on everyone in the East of England to join me in the fight against heart disease by signing up to the British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) DECHOX campaign. By challenging yourself to give up chocolate for the month of March and asking for sponsorship, you will help fund £1 million of life saving research that will make a difference to millions of lives.
For self-confessed chocoholics, like me, it won’t be easy, but every pound raised will be crucial in helping fund the cutting-edge breakthroughs for those fighting a daily battle with heart disease.
Last year more than 19,000 people took part in DECHOX and raised an astonishing £800,000 and this year I am helping BHF raise even more.
So whether you’re an undercover chocolate eater, a crafty nibbler or a full-on midnight fridge raider – challenge yourself to a DECHOX and sign up today at bhf.org.uk/DECHOX!
Coronation Street actor
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car