LETTER: Actor Shayne Ward calls for local people to join the DECHOX Campaign starting next month
Every year, hundreds of thousands of lives are cut short by heart disease and in the East of England alone, heart and circulatory conditions take the lives of around 14,800 people each year.
That’s why I’m calling on everyone in the East of England to join me in the fight against heart disease by signing up to the British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) DECHOX campaign. By challenging yourself to give up chocolate for the month of March and asking for sponsorship, you will help fund £1 million of life saving research that will make a difference to millions of lives.
For self-confessed chocoholics, like me, it won’t be easy, but every pound raised will be crucial in helping fund the cutting-edge breakthroughs for those fighting a daily battle with heart disease.
Last year more than 19,000 people took part in DECHOX and raised an astonishing £800,000 and this year I am helping BHF raise even more.
So whether you’re an undercover chocolate eater, a crafty nibbler or a full-on midnight fridge raider – challenge yourself to a DECHOX and sign up today at bhf.org.uk/DECHOX!
You may also want to watch:
Coronation Street actor
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos