Let There Be Light In Darwin Close and Beresford Road
I THOUGHT your readers might be interested in knowing about the street lighting in Darwin Close, which also effects Beresford Road. With the winter nights approaching I find that six out of 17 street lights are not working in such a small close and at l
I THOUGHT your readers might be interested in knowing about the street lighting in Darwin Close, which also effects Beresford Road. With the winter nights approaching I find that six out of 17 street lights are not working in such a small close and at least a further 15 are not working in Beresford Road.
One has to question as to why this development has never been adopted by the local council.
Having been the first resident to move into Darwin Close in Sept 2001 I have duly paid the full council tax each year and to now be informed that the street lighting has never been adopted by the council I find absolutely intolerable.
The Developer Persimmon Homes must have been gone from this site for at least 6 years, therefore why is the street lighting still their responsibility ? I would have thought that this development would have been under East Cambs management after all these years.
You may also want to watch:
Surely this warrants some sort of refund for a service that is not being provided.
What is my council tax paying for? It is certainly not for street lighting where I reside.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
From a health and safety aspect and a safer community, street lighting is essential.
Mr H T Crabb