Let The Council Know What You Think About Plan To Move Swimming Pool
I NOTE from the recent In Touch newsletter (from the local Conservatives) that one aspect of the Masterplan, the project to relocate the swimming pool, seems to be taken as happening. Can I be the only resident of Ely who is concerned that our centrally p
I NOTE from the recent In Touch newsletter (from the local Conservatives) that one aspect of the Masterplan, the project to relocate the swimming pool, seems to be taken as happening.
Can I be the only resident of Ely who is concerned that our centrally placed swimming pool could be demolished to make way for goodness-knows-what (coffee shops, bars, restaurants?) and relocated to a site well out of town and far less easily accessible on foot or by bicycle?
As they say "It's all down to money". The council already owns 15 acres at Downham Road so no land needs to be bought. The closure of the Paradise Pool for rebuilding would presumably mean a loss of revenue, compared with the quick bucks to be made from coffee shop/restaurant rents. And how exactly is situating it next to football pitches,
tennis courts and a golf course "ideal"?
You may also want to watch:
I am strongly in favour of keeping the swimming pool at its present site, in central Ely, equally accessible from all areas of the city and the main bus stops for people coming in from places such as Soham and Stretham. If it has to be closed for a while for refurbishment, so be it.
If you agree with this viewpoint, please let the district council know, as the Conservatives at least seem determined to go ahead with this relocation.
- 1 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation