Let’s keep it open
AS chairman of Littleport Town Cricket Club and member of the Littleport Leisure Centre, I would like to say that this story broke just as the annual membership fees were due. This is not the first time that the centre has been threatened with closure. Si
AS chairman of Littleport Town Cricket Club and member of the Littleport Leisure Centre, I would like to say that this story broke just as the annual membership fees were due. This is not the first time that the centre has been threatened with closure. Since it opened in 1994, people have come from all over the country to attend events and I have never heard one bad thing said about it.
The problem seems to be that the people who govern Littleport are more interested in building a multi-million pound centre in Ely.
We need to keep the Littleport Leisure Centre open.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 7 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
I JUST wanted to comment on the issue regarding the potential closure of the leisure centre. I have been a member there for the past six years. As a member of various teams at the centre and the gym, I have always supported the staff and committee. They have always been courteous and helpful and I will continue to support them in the future.
The Littleport community needs the use of the centre and I hope the people and the council will help them in their time of need.
I AM a member of the Falcons Netball Club and the Treasurer of Littleport Lions Korfball Club. For both clubs we use the centre for training and all home matches and intend to continue to do so.
I have the utmost faith in the committee and staff of the centre and believe they are doing an amazing job at running the place and ensuring that the community continues to have a sports facility.
I AM and have been a member of the Littleport Leisure Centre for many years and use its facilities regularly. I am also a member and treasurer of the Littleport Badminton Club, which is based at the centre. I have every confidence that the management committee is able to help keep the centre open.