Let’s keep it open
AS chairman of Littleport Town Cricket Club and member of the Littleport Leisure Centre, I would like to say that this story broke just as the annual membership fees were due. This is not the first time that the centre has been threatened with closure. Si
AS chairman of Littleport Town Cricket Club and member of the Littleport Leisure Centre, I would like to say that this story broke just as the annual membership fees were due. This is not the first time that the centre has been threatened with closure. Since it opened in 1994, people have come from all over the country to attend events and I have never heard one bad thing said about it.
The problem seems to be that the people who govern Littleport are more interested in building a multi-million pound centre in Ely.
We need to keep the Littleport Leisure Centre open.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
I JUST wanted to comment on the issue regarding the potential closure of the leisure centre. I have been a member there for the past six years. As a member of various teams at the centre and the gym, I have always supported the staff and committee. They have always been courteous and helpful and I will continue to support them in the future.
The Littleport community needs the use of the centre and I hope the people and the council will help them in their time of need.
I AM a member of the Falcons Netball Club and the Treasurer of Littleport Lions Korfball Club. For both clubs we use the centre for training and all home matches and intend to continue to do so.
I have the utmost faith in the committee and staff of the centre and believe they are doing an amazing job at running the place and ensuring that the community continues to have a sports facility.
I AM and have been a member of the Littleport Leisure Centre for many years and use its facilities regularly. I am also a member and treasurer of the Littleport Badminton Club, which is based at the centre. I have every confidence that the management committee is able to help keep the centre open.